Hospice is a philosophy of care that treats the person, rather than the disease, and focuses on comfort, compassion, and quality of life. This can be especially comforting during advanced stages of the cancer journey.
- Affinity Visiting Nurses call (920) 727-2000 or 866-236-8500.
- Aurora Visiting Nurse Association Hospice call 877-310-7711.
- Caring.com helps family caregivers make better decisions, save time and money, and feel less alone. They can help you locate hospice services in your local area. Visit caring.com.
- Caring Connections is part of the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization. It will help you explore hospice care to see if it will meet your needs and offers the ability to search your local area. For more information, visit caringinfo.org.
- Community Hospice Foundation of ThedaCare, Inc. call (920) 738-6503.
- Fox Valley Coalition for End-Of-Life Care is an organization whose mission is to improve end-of-life care and choices for all people, their families, and their physicians in the Fox Cities. They are located in the Thompson Community Center, 820 W. College Avenue, in Appleton. For more information about up-coming educational events and opportunities, email Sandra Potts at Sandra.Potts@lsswis.org or call (920) 225-1724.
- ThedaCare at Home call (920) 969-0919 or 1-800-984-5554.