Dom's Book - Suggested Questions for a Grandparent Interview
Dom is a 7 year old boy whose grandfather had cancer. Dom interviewed him for a school report and created this book. As a bit of translation - the boxing ring scene is grandpa fighting cancer and the semi-truck represents the load grandpa is carrying in his life. Encourage your child to create the story of a loved one's journey...you'll be amazed at their perceptiveness and have a treasure to hold dear.
Suggested Questions for a Grandparent Interview
- Where were you born/raised?
- Did you have brothers and/or sisters?
- What did you like to do as a child?
- Tell me a funny thing that happened to you when you were a kid
- Were you in the military?
- What was your first job?
- What was your best job?
- What was your favorite vacation?
- How did you meet Grandma/Grandpa?
- What was the funniest thing my parent did as a kid?